6. Josh Rouse - Country Mouse, City House Listen to: Italian Dry Ice (mp3)
7. 1990's - Cookies Listen to: You Were Supposed to be my Friend (mp3)
Calvin Harris is making his mark on 2007 in style -- "Disco disappeared, didn't it? Everyone got sick of it. Now I'm reviving it, with space goggles, or something." "The song titles say it all,” he explains. “My tunes aren't supposed to invoke deep thought within people; they're just to get you dancing. But musically it is for the brain - it's not music for stupid people. I take great pride in my productions. It's not knocked out in a few seconds."
Orange Alert (OA): How would you describe your work?
Fontaine Anderson (FA): A bit odd! A mish mash of themes from fashion to ancient history.
1. NoPattern/Chuck Anderson T-Shirts - A new line for the summertime! $24
2. "Crazy 4 Cult" Poster by Christopher Lee - This poster was create to make the opening last this past week of Gallery 1988's latest show. The show features original piece created around the cult movie theme. Each artist was allowed to chose their favorite cult movie and create a piece related to it. It is hosted by Kevin Smith and feature artwork by Leanne Biank, Luke Chueh, Travis Lampe and many more. $15
1. "Toxic - MYK" paper toy from Marshall Alexander
2. Inbox treats from Health "Crimewave" (mp3) and Crystal Castles "Mother Knows Best" (mp3).
1. Brasilintime Trailer - This project has Madlib, Cut Chemist, Babu and more involved.
2. La Blogotheque's Take-Away Shows series: Architecture in Helsinki, Dirty Projectors, and Benni Hemm Hemm
3. Ben Tanzer "Lucky Man Goes Viral Redux"
"Ayin" oil on linen 48" x 48" 2005
Lollapalooza Band of the Week: Rodrigo Y Gabriela
The latest addition to the Lolla line-up is arguably the most artistic. Rodrigo (Sanchez) and Gabriela (Quintero) are two fast-fingered, Dublin-based, Mexicans with a unique sound created on acoustic guitars. Their fingers fly and the crowds dance, it classical, pop, rock, salsa passion that will leave you in awe. The way Gabriela rapidly thumbs the body the guitar to create a unique rhythmic sound is nearly unbelievable, while Rodrigo keep the rapid pace moving right along. The latin flare meshes with their interest in rock music as they cover Metallica and Led Zepplin. They are playing opposite Heartless Bastards on Sunday August 5th at 1:15pm. If you want a truly unique experience this year check them out!
Listen to: Stairway to Heaven (Mint Royale Remix) (mp3) and Tamacun (mp3)
Check Out: Scuby (mp3)
For more information on Little Wings for now visit their artist page on K Records. There should be a website for RAD up shortly.
"Poetry is a city of words, a complex heterogeneity that functions both as its parts and as a whole. It’s full of systems—metaphoric, symbolic, sonic—analogous to the sewage, electrical, and transportation systems that animate a city." - Cole Swensen from Poetry City