1. Los Angeles quintet The Little Ones will release Lovers Who Uncover, a new digital-only EP in the US on June 5 which will feature one brand new track, a radio edit of "Lovers Who Uncover" from their Sing Song mini-album, and four remixes by Crystal Castles, Stereolab, CSS and Radio Clit. The band will also unveil a new video for "Lovers Who Uncover."
2. Yep Roc and Los Straitjackets are running a contest through June 18th. Get a printable mask (or download the mask, just right click the link ans save) and decorate your very own paper mask, or if you have a real Mexican wrestling mask slip that one on and then send us a photo or video of you in your mask, going about your daily duties. (Please don't wear it to the bank or on your late-night burrito run to the Stab 'n' Go.) Yep Roc and Los Straitjackets will pick a winner based on the quality of your mask decoration and the inventiveness of your photo. The winner will receive a hand silk-screened Los Straitjackets/Iguanas tour poster signed by members of Los Straitjackets, a signed acoustic guitar used by the band on tour, as well as a copy of Los Straitjackets' latest Yep Roc release, Rock en Espanol! Don't wait! Print the mask now! Then send your photo or video to http://firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Livin (please include the subject line: "Livin' Los Straitjackets").
3. Lollapalooza additions: There have several bands added to the Lollapalooza line-up recently, unfortunately none of them are very well unknown or good for that matter. Bright spots: Cage the Elephant and The Postmarks. This coincides with Pitchfork Fest announcing their full line, with several additions: Cadence Weapon, Cool Kids, Brightblack Morning Light, Voxtrot, and more.
4. Dan Deacon launches his lengthy Spring / Summer tour tonight in Greensboro, NC. A vision came to Dan one night of being joined by an angelic choir at the end of his set each night for a rousing, spiritual version of his anthem "Wham City" from his recently released Spiderman of the Rings - a musical tribute to his place of dwelling and to the Baltimore music community he is a part of. This is where YOU come in - Dan Deacon is inviting you to come and be his choir. Dan envisioned a co-ed choir, so all you have to do is be one of the first four males or first four females in your city to e-mail email@example.com and YOU will become a member of the Dan Deacon Wham City choir! (please put the name of your city and your gender in the subject line of the e-mail to make things easier for Dan). Dan collaborated with Baltimore artist Stefani Levin to make eight beautiful blue and yellow Wham City choir robes which you'll get to wear, and Dan will provide you with lyric sheets. If you want to practice and prepare, the song "Wham City" is posted on Dan Deacon's MySpace page at www.myspace.com/dandeacon so you can start singing along.
5. Lollapalooza Band of the Week: The Postmarks
Heartbreakingly beautiful music from Miami, FL, The Postmarks are one of the newest additions to the Lolla line-up, but by far one of the most attractive. Lead singer Tim (yes I said Tim) Yehezkely, has to be one of the best looking women in music, but she also has the soft and intimate voice to back it up. The Postmarks debut album just released three months ago, but they already receive a large amount of praise for their hit single " Goodbye"(mp3). Also check out: Goodbye (Tahiti 80 Remix) (mp3) and My Little Heart (mp3)