Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Watch List

This is a new weekly feature that will appear every Saturday Night. There is so much going on in the world these days that my notebook is overflowing with items I want to post. The solution is "The Watch List", here I will briefly share some of the things I've been watching, reading, listening to, and doing over the last week.
Music:
1. The Gigantics - The album Die Already is due this spring, but they won't say what label they are on. However, Aesop Rock & Dj Wicked are involved and that is enough to keep me watching!
2. We All Have Hooks for Hands - Recently signed to Afternoon Records, debut album soon! Who knew they made indie pop in South Dakota.
3. The Moaners - The female version of The Black Keys, new album "Blackwing Yalobusha" in 3/07, recorded at Fat Possum Studio with Jimbo Mathus of Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Reading:
1. The State of the Union Address Transcripts
2. The Words that were used - This tool compares each State of the Union Address and can tell you how many times a specific word is used in each speech. (i.e. Terrorist - 2001 - 1, 2002 - 19, 2003 - 13, 2004 - 14, 2005 - 12, 2006 - 11, and 2007 - 16)
3. Coffee Slows Balding - I simply need to increase my consumption from 12 to 60 cups a day. No Problem.

Buying:
1. Snapple Strawberry White Tea Bags
2. Freight Train Graffiti by Roger Gastman, Darin Rowland, Ian Sattler. (Website)

Getting (Free Stuff!):
1. Ghostly International Free Stickers - I got my stickers this week, and they are worth the $0.78 in postage.

Watching:
1. The Knights of Prosperity - If it weren't for The Office, this would be the funniest show on TV.
2. Kaiser Chiefs – Ruby


No comments: